Kidney Stones, How to Prevent With Doctors In Barcelona
Kidney stone is a medical condition that many people face nowadays. Though it is a common medical condition, it can be dangerous. This indicates that your kidneys are not working properly, and it is failing to produce urine, which can also lead to other health-related issues. Even kidney stones can cause permanent kidney failure if left untreated.
What exactly are kidney stones?
Kidney stones are hard deposits that are usually made of calcium, minerals, and salt that get formed within your kidneys and affect the whole urination process. It drastically reduces the workability of kidneys.
What are the common symptoms of kidney stones?
- Back pain or pain in the side parts of the body
- Severe and sudden pain in the lower abdomen
- Morning sickness, nausea and vomiting
- People can see blood in urine
- Excessive sweating and heat flashes
If you are facing the above-mentioned symptoms, you should consult a doctor immediately. There are knowledgeable and expert English-speaking doctors in Barcelona that you can contact.
In this article, we will discuss how we can prevent kidney stones according to the doctors of Barcelona. First, let’s know about the common causes of this issue.
What are the common causes behind this problem?
- Diet can be a reason behind this issue as if you include an excessive amount of sodium in your diet, it can lead you to kidney stones.
- Some supplements can also lead to kidney stones, so you should always talk to your doctor before taking any.
- It also can be genetic.
- Continuous dehydration can also cause renal problems, as in this case, the body does not get enough water supplements to produce urine.
- An elevated amount of uric acid in the body can also be the reason and that’s why one should always keep track of their uric acid levels.
In Medvisit, you can book your house call visit today without any hassle.
How to prevent it?
One can opt for some methods to prevent kidney stones and other kidney-related diseases. The preventive measurements are mentioned below
- Drink enough water as dehydration is one of the main reasons for kidney stones. One should drink at least 3 liters of water.
- Avoid eating too much salt, especially when the salt is not cooked.
- Try to eat more calcium-rich food items.
- Reduce the consumption of oxalate-rich foods.
- Reduce the consumption of purine-rich food items as purine contributes to the production of uric acid, which is also a reason for kidney stones. One should always keep the amount of uric acid in the body on track.
What are the best treatments according from English-speaking doctors in Barcelona?
The treatment options include:
- Extracorporeal shockwave therapy
- Ureteroscopic stone removal
- Laser lithotripsy
- Increasing the amount of fluid in the body
- Stone removal surgery etc.