Sun Allergies – Recognizing And Preventing
Sun Allergies are important issues nowadays. Sunlight is the primary source of vitamin D. It is also the source of energy for our planet. People usually love sunny days, but sunny days can be problematic for some people as they cannot tolerate sunlight. In a rare medical condition, human beings can be allergic to sunlight. It is a rare condition, but that doesn’t mean this can happen. In medical terms, this condition is known as Solar Urticaria. In this condition, sunlight or sun rays can cause infection and allergic reactions in a person’s body, and that’s why people suffering from this condition need to maintain some preventive measures to avoid those allergic reactions. Before moving further, let’s know about this condition in brief.
What are Sun allergies according to the doctors in Barcelona?
It is usually known as Solar Urticaria. As per English-speaking doctors in Barcelona, it is a rare medical condition where people get allergic to sunlight or sun rays, and exposure to sunlight causes allergy reactions in the body. In this condition, the skin becomes sensitive to sunlight, which can be caused by some nutritional deficiency or imbalance in the body.
What are the symptoms?
This condition has symptoms that are quite familiar to any other allergic reaction. People dealing with this condition can face symptoms such as
- Burning sensation
- Scaling, crusting, or bleeding
The symptoms of sun allergies can be shown after getting exposed to the sunlight for a few minutes or hours. If you encounter any of these symptoms, you can book your house visit with the best doctors at Medvisit.
When should you consult a doctor?
If you are witnessing the symptoms, you should book a visit with a doctor. You’ll understand that your body is sensitive to sunlight if, after getting exposed to sunlight, you start facing troublesome skin reactions.
What are the common causes of sun allergies?
According to the knowledgeable English-speaking doctors in Barcelona, though this is a rare medical condition, there are some proven reasons behind it.
- Genetic factors
- Exposure to sudden sunlight after applying certain substances.
- Some medications can also cause this issue. ( Such as antibiotics and certain pain-killing drugs)
- Having other sensitive skin conditions
- Nutritional deficiency in the body ( such as nicotinamide and Vitamin D)
What preventive measurements can one take in this medical condition- according to the doctors in Barcelona?
People dealing with this medical condition must take some preventive measures to avoid getting those bothersome skin reactions. Here we have enlisted some preventing measurements that you can take.
- Avoid sunlight during the peak hours, which are 11 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Wear full-sleeve and protective clothes along with sunglasses to protect your skin.
- Don’t forget your sunscreen ever.
- Avoid the allergens that you know work as triggers.
- Avoid sudden exposure to the scorching sun heat, especially during summer and spring.
- Drink a lot of water to keep your body hydrated.
- Treat your umbrella like your extra arm.
- Visit a dermatologist
This condition should be treated as soon as possible. Otherwise, it can cause severe skin conditions and even can be the cause of some chronic desease as well.
Medvisit is a leading and reliable place when you are willing to opt for a house with it with the best doctors. Here you can book your appointment with experienced and knowledgeable English-speaking doctors who can help you to deal with this issue.