Running in Barcelona : tips and motivations
Running in Barcelona has become a trend and keeps gaining new followers every day. Whoever tries it and survives the first days, says it is addictive.
In the morning, at noon or in the evening of any day that does not rain, go out and have a look around you. You will cross with solitary runners, groups of two or three or even training teams!
Barcelona doesn’t escape from this fashion and it isn’t necessary to go to the seaside to verify that the city is almost an athletics track! If you have just arrived in the city,
going for a run is a good way to disconnect from daily routine in a completely new environment as well as a way of doing healthy and low-cost exercise. You also have a lot of routes for running in Barcelona depending on the distance and the difficulty. Here we show you a small selection.
If we have already convinced you to join sports, you can take advantage of the training to meet people in your new city. In Barcelona there are numerous groups of runners who organize trainings. You can check the network or the fitness center in your neighbourhood.
If you decide to start training by yourself, we recommend you visiting a doctor for a health check first and then:
- Avoid the sunny hours of the day
- Control hydration throughout the day
- Apply sunscreen before leaving
- Wear clothes that make you more visible. It’s a matter of security
- Don’t run along the marked lanes for bicycles
- Take time to warm up your muscles before you start running
- The first days set yourself realistic goals
- Don’t forget to do stretching exercises at the end. Contact with an expert to learn how to do it
Physical exercise is a valuable ingredient of healthy lifestyle. Physical exercise must always be adapted to the physical and health conditions of each person. If you start running some of the benefits are:
- Keeping you in shape by strengthening your muscles
- Decreasing the risk of cardiovascular diseases
- It controls your weight
- It controls stress and helps your relax
- It favors a more optimistic mood
After this … will you tell us how your first training was?